Many people still think they do not need a Will yet. The most common reason they give is:
a. I’m still young
b. I don’t have much possession
c. when I die my property automatic goes to my family
d. I will only write a Will when I am about to die
e. wait till I’m married and have children to write a Will
Here are some questions to ask yourself if you really need a Will.
1. Do you think it is important for your family to obtain your assets as soon as possible when you pass on?
2. Do you prefers your assets to be distributed according to your wishes?
3. Is it important to who looks after your children, in case you & your spouse passes away together?
4. How many years do you want your money and assets to be frozen during the probate process?
5. Do you intend to give some assets to a charity, ( individual or institution)?
6. Do have properties and bank accounts under joint name?
7. Do you want your family and relatives to fight over your assets?
8. Do you have a “special child” that needs more funds to look after him or her?
9. Do you have substantial assets and would like to slowly give them to my beneficiaries rather than one lump sum
If you answered”Yes” between 3 to 5 questions above, then you need to write a Will
If you answered “Yes” to more than 6 questions, then it is pretty urgent to have a Will written immediately.
Contact us to find out how to write your Will